Monday, November 14, 2016

Mari's 6 Pac 'N' Mor

I really enjoy coming here. There are thousands of beers to chose from, some in coolers, many more out on the shelves & floor. A very large import section.  I can always find something. Tons of Belgium and German brews as well as thousands of American Craft Brews. No bright lights, other than the coolers, so light skunking not an issue.

The first time I went, Mari, the owner took time to show me around. They have other staff who know their craft ales, so I can get help or advice when I need it. I like to window shop, so I will often browse around for an hour or so making selections., and I'm left to my own devices. Many times Mari or one of her staff have pointed out an interesting brew or had nice recommendations.

As I said before, thousands of beers to chose from. New stuff is coming in all the time. Seasonals are often on special display. The staff will let me know if something rare is available. Mix-a-six, and rows of bombers are available as well. They also have tastings Fridays and Saturdays. There is a tap area for in house tasting, and also growler fills. (Mari's now has their own growlers, which are pretty nifty looking, but they will fill any growler). Haven't tried any food, but a basic menu seems to be available which is nice if you are spending time shopping.

Pricing seems fairly reasonable to me, occasionally some prices scare me, but I pretty much stick to the mix-a-six.  Pricing tends to be in line with what you might find elsewhere but definitely cheaper than some of your craft bars. It would be nice if all beers were priced, but the staff will answer any question about that, and it does seem that this has improved over the past year. I understand that with a big selection and turnover, it might sometimes be hard to to price every single bottle. I did have a problem early on with some out of date beers, but Mari took back the unopened ones for credit, and told me to let her know if I found any more. Still, as always, check bottle dating if possible. If in doubt, or no dating, decide for yourself.

Overall, well worth a visit.   Check them out at 835 Hiesters Lane, Reading, Pennsylvania, 19605

No comments:

Post a Comment